1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup butter, slightly softened
5 to 7 tablespoons very cold water
4 cups blackberries
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons unbleached flour
2 tablespoons quick oats
1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
From kitchen to table in
- Combine unbleached and wheat flour and mix
- Cut butter into flour until pebbly.
- Add cold water one tablespoon at a time
until dough forms a ball.
- Separate dough into two balls. On a
lightly floured surface, roll
out one ball in a circle to fit a pie pan and
place in pan.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together ingredients for filling and
place in pie shell.
- Roll out second half of crust and place on
top of filling. Crimp edges to seal and
score top to vent.
- Place in hot oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or
until golden brown and filling is bubbling