Directory of Dessert Recipes
Makes 12 Muffins
1/4 cup olive oil
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1 cup yogurt
1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup unsweetened apple cider
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1 spritz non-stick cooking spray
From kitchen to table in
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drain pineapple and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl,
beat together eggs, olive oil, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Blend in yogurt.
- Dump oatmeal into bowl, but do not mix. Dump flour on top of rolled oats
and sprinkle baking powder evenly over the dry ingredients. Using a fork,
slowly blend baking powder into the flour
and then into the oatmeal and finally mixing all ingredients together.
- Add pineapple and apple cider and blend well.
- Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup, fill muffin tins.
- Place into hot oven and bake until golden brown and a knife
inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean (about 30 minutes).