1/3 cup warm milk
1 package active dry yeast
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup warm milk
5 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Complete Meal Recipes!
30-Minute Meals ||
Low-Sodium Meals ||
- Place 1/3 cup warm milk and yeast in a mixing
bowl and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes. (Milk
should be warm but not scalding. If it is
too hot, it will kill the yeast.)
- Stir butter or margarine, sugar and
remaining milk into yeast. Add eggs and
- Dump flour into mixing bowl and sprinkle
nutmeg evenly over the top. Blend to form
a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured
surface a knead. Dough should be slightly
- Transfer to a greased bowl. Cover and
set in a warm place to rise until doubled in
size (about 1 hour).
- Roll dough out on a floured surface to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut with a doughnut cutter and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown.
- While still warm, dip in melted butter and
roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Find more recipes in our weekly newsletter
Apple Oatmeal Nut Muffins
Chocolate Coconut Oatmeal Bars
Chocolate Chip and Almond Biscotti
What's For Dinner? Make Dinner
Time Family Time! - All Rights Reserved.