Sea Cake Supper
– by Jean Fisher
Crispy salmon cakes teamed up with crunchy potato cakes and seasoned green beans on the side.
2 cups water 1/2 cup milk 1/4 cup margarine 2 cups instant potato flakes 12 ounces canned salmon 2 eggs (for sea cakes) 2 tablespoons & 2 teaspoons mayonnaise 1 tablespoon & 1 teaspoon pickle relish 1 tablespoon & 1 teaspoon Italian salad dressing 1 dash dill weed 1 dash pepper 1 tablespoon & 1 teaspoonolive oil 2 eggs (for potato pancakes) 1 dash Italian seasonings 1 dash garlic salt 2 teaspoons margarine 2 cans green beans 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
Browse the Recipe Directories
Complete Meal Recipes
|30 Minute Meals||Convenience Foods Recipes|
|Low-Carb Meals||Low-Fat Recipes|
|Lunch Ideas||Low-Sodium Meals|
From kitchen to table in
- Place water, milk and margarine in a microwave-proof dish and heat to boiling (about 3 minutes).
- Mix in instant potato flakes and set aside.
- Drain salmon and beat with eggs, mayonnaise, pickle relish, Italian salad dressing, dill weed and pepper.
- Fluff mashed potatoes with a fork.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Using an ice-cream scooper, scoop fish batter into hot oil. Press gently to form patties.
- Fluff potatoes again and beat in eggs, Italian seasonings and garlic salt. Mix well.
- Melt margarine in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Scoop potato batter into hot margarine. Press into pancakes.
- Turn salmon patties. Reduce heat to low.
- Drain green beans and heat over medium with Italian salad dressing.
- Turn potato pancakes. Continue cooking over medium-high until brown on both sides.
- Serve salmon patties with potato pancakes and green beans
Nutritional information for Sea Cake Supper
|% Daily Value*|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs|