Beans are great for breakfast baked into a cookie! Dark chocolate, walnuts and oats add to the nutitional content of this protein and fiber-rich breakfast cookie.
Makes 32, 2 per serving
From kitchen to table in 40 minutes.
1 15 ounce can
4 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
1 cup oatmeal
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drain and rinse beans and place in a blender along with butter or margarine, egg and sugar. Blend on high speed to puree.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir oatmeal into mixture.
- Dump flour over the top and sprinkle baking powder and cinnamon evenly over the top of the flour. Using a fork, blend baking powder and cinnamon into flour and then continue mixing until all ingredients are well blended.
- Add Chocolate chips and nuts and mix into batter.
- Spoon onto a cookie sheet in bean-shaped lumps.
- Place in hot oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with fresh fruit.