Make a creamy cilantro sauce to top delicious black bean enchiladas for a nutritious vegan meal.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 40 minutes.
green bell pepper
canned black beans
prepared enchilada sauce
, whole grain
apple cider vinegar
red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place olive oil in a skillet. Chop onion, garlic, zucchini and bell pepper. Turn heat on to medium and cook while stirring until onion becomes transparent.
- Drain and rinse black beans and add to skillet.
- Chop spinach, add to skillet and continue cooking over medium heat until spinach is barely wilted. Add enchilada sauce, lime juice, cumin and chili powder. Heat and stir until blended.
- Place 2/3 of the enchilada filling into the tortilla, fold and place folded side down in pan. Pour remaining filling over the top and place in hot oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until edges of tortilla are just beginning to brown.
- While enchiladas bake, make cilantro sauce. Peel and dice avocado and place in blender or food processor along with water, lime juice, vinegar, rinsed cilantro, cumin, pepper and red pepper flakes. Blend on high until thoroughly liquified.
- Pour cilantro sauce over hot enchiladas and serve.