Canned salmon is baked with brown and wild rice in a fluffy egg casserole and served with a side salad.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 1 hour 30 minutes.
long grain brown rice
grated Parmesan cheese
white wine vinegar
red pepper flakes
non-stick cooking spray
- Fill a large saucepan with water and heat on high until boiling.
- Add brown rice to boiling water, reduce heat to medium and continue to boil gently for 20 minutes.
- Rinse rice well under hot water and drain. Refill saucepan with water and return to boiling. Add drained brown rice along with wild rice. Again, reduce heat to medium and continue boiling for another 30 minutes.
- When 15 minutes cooking time remains for the rice, drain salmon and remove the larger bones, set aside.
- Slice green onion and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat egg with Parmesan cheese, mustard, mayonnaise and vinegar. Sprinkle in lemon pepper, dried cilantro and red pepper flakes.
- Add salmon and green onions and stir to blend.
- Drain rice and stir into salmon.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour salmon mixture into dish and place in hot oven.
- Place in hot oven and bake for 20 minutes without opening the oven door.
- Serve with salad.