Healthy ground turkey makes a creamy filling for a folded flour tortilla enchilada. Quick, easy, delicious and nutritious!How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 20 minutes.
canned, diced chilies
shredded cheddar cheese
non-stick cooking spray
dried cilantro for garnish
- Brown ground turkey in a skillet over medium heat until no longer pink. While cooking sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper and stir often to break the meat into very small pieces.
- Using a whisk, completely dissolve flour into milk. Pour into skillet along with meat. Add diced chilies and cumin, stir and reduce heat to lowest setting.
- Turn oven on to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Cut a flour tortillas into haves and place on baking sheet.
- Mix salsa into shredded cheese and spread evenly over tortilla haves all the way to the edges.
- Spoon ground turkey mixture on to one side of the tortilla half, leaving space at the edges, then fold the second side over to cover the meat. Press the edges together so as the cheese melts a gentle seal will form during baking.
- When cheese has melted and tortilla is lightly crisp remove from oven and serve with tomato slices sprinkled with dried cilantro.