It couldn't be easier! The macaroni cooks while the hamburger casserole bakes. Top with mozzarella cheese and serve with soft breadsticks.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 1 hour.
lean ground beef
green bell pepper
prepared spaghetti sauce with garlic
shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Stir often to break meat into small pieces.
- Chop onion, green bell pepper and garlic. Set aside. Turn oven on to 350 degrees.
- When meat has browned, drain off the fat and return to the skillet. Add chopped vegetables and continue cooking over medium heat until onion is slightly transparent.
- Add spaghetti sauce, water, elbow macaroni and sliced olives. Stir to blend and pour into a casserole dish. Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove casserole from oven and cover the top with grated mozzarellla cheese. Replace in oven and continue baking.
- When the casserole goes into the oven for the second time place brown and serve breadsticks on a baking sheet and place in oven. Casserole will be ready to serve when the breadsticks are browned.