Wild rice, chinese cabbage, bean sprouts, and fresh ginger are stir fried with hoison sauce for a delicious vegetarian main dish.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 20 minutes.
uncooked wild rice
red bell pepper
poblano chili pepper
- Pour vegetable broth into a large saucepan and heat on medium-high until it just begins to boil.
- Add wild rice to broth, reduce heat to medium and continue to boil gently until some of the kernels begin to burst from their shells (about 30 minutes.) Stir ocassionally. Do not overcook.
- While rice is cooking chop bok choy, mince ginger and garlic and slice peppers.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook vegetables until tender yet still crisp (about three minutes).
- Drain rice and add to skillet. Stir in hoison sauce and bean sprouts. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Chop green onions and cilantro and add to skillet along with lime juice.
- Cook just until blended and vegetables are lightly tender.