Fresh spinach and low-fat cottage cheese in an easy omelet make a delicious and nutritious meatless meal.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 20 minutes.
low-fat cottage cheese
butter or margarine
frozen hashbrown potatoes
- Melt butter or margarine for hashbrown potatoes in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add frozen hashbrowns to skillet and spread evenly in the pan.
- Finely chop spinach and set aside.
- Break eggs into a mixing bowl. Beat well.
- Sprinkle chives, basil and pepper over eggs. Add cottage cheese and spinach and mix together.
- Melt margarine for omelet in a non-stick skillet or omelet pan over medium-low heat.
- Turn hashbrown potatoes.
- Pour egg mixture into melted butter or margarine.
- Place bread in toaster.
- When eggs are solid around the edges, fold omelet.
Continue cooking until the eggs are completely cooked.
- Serve omelet with hashbrown potatoes and toast.