Tame the flame of this spicy vegetarian soup with nutty cranberry muffins.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 20 minutes.
canned diced tomatoes
green bell pepper
Italian salad dressing
Cranberry Muffins (makes 12)
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup canned cranberry sauce
1 cup oatmeal
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 cup walnuts
non-stick cooking spray
- Pour broth, tomatoes and salsa into a large saucepan.
- Slice zucchini, onion and green pepper and add to soup.
- Dice cilantro and add to soup along with corn, Italian salad dressing and lime juice
- Sprinkle pepper and sage into soup. Place on stove and heat on high until boiling.
- Reduce heat to lowest and cover.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat together, sugar, oil and egg. Add cranberry sauce and
mix until cranberries are well blended into egg mixture.
- Stir in oatmeal and mix well.
- Dump flour over top and sprinkle with baking powder.
- Using a fork, blend baking powder into flour and then blend flour into batter.
- Stir in milk and mix well.
- Add chopped walnuts and blend..
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup, fill muffin tin with batter. Place in hot oven.
Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. (A
knife inserted into one of the muffins will come out clean when muffins are done.)
- Serve muffins with Sabrosa.