Flavorful fried chicken with a crispy Ranch coating, flaky homemade biscuits and buttery corn.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 40 minutes.
Ranch salad dressing
butter or margarine
- Place chicken in a shallow pan or dish (a pie pan works great).
- Pour half the salad dressing over the chicken, turn and coat with remainder.
- Cover chicken with half the cracker crumbs.
- Add oil to skillet and place chicken into skillet, crumb side down.
- Cover uncoated top of chicken with the remaining cracker crumbs.
- Turn skillet on to medium and cover. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, turn oven on to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, toss flour and baking powder. Cut in olive oil until dough is pebbly.
- Add milk and form into a soft dough. More drops of milk can be added if necessary.
- Press dough out onto a floured surface and cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Bake biscuits for 15 minutes or until brown.
- Turn chicken carefully. Continue cooking uncovered until biscuits are done.
- Five minutes before biscuits are done, pour partly drained corn into a saucepan and turn heat to medium.
- Add butter or margarine and stir to melt. Sprinkle with pepper.