Marinated steak and mushrooms served with Italian pasta and salad.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 1 hour 30 minutes.
red wine vinegar
canned mushroom slices with juice
- Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice, mushrooms slices in juice and crushed garlic to a glass dish with a lid (or zip lock bag). Seal and shake to blend. Add steak, seal and shake again to coat steak. Place in refrigerator and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a large saucepan 3/4 full of water for pasta.
- While water boils, prepare sauce for pasta vegetables for pasta. Chop onion. Saute in oil in a skillet over medium heat. Dice tomatoes and add to skillet with olives, dried basil and pepper. Turn heat to medium low.
- Heat another skillet on medium-high for steak.
- Add pasta to boiling water and stir. Continue cooking on high, stirring ocassionally to prevent sticking. If pot begins to boil over, reduce heat slightly.
- Place steak in hot skillet and quickly brown one side. Turn and reduce heat to medium. Pour mushrooms over the top and cook until center of meat has reached your preferred doneness.
- Drain and rinse pasta when cooked through (about 5 to 7 minutes). Pour into a serving dish and top with onions, tomatoes and olives. Serve with steak, mushrooms and salad.