Tender roast beef served with egg noddles and gravy afloat with colorful vegetables.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 3 hours.
Jeweled Gravy over Noodles
large egg noodles
- In a Dutch oven, brown roast on one side
over medium heat. Turn and reduce heat to low. Pour enough water over the meat to
cover the sides but not the top. Sprinkle
garlic salt and pepper over the top of the meat. Cover and cook for at least 2 ½ hours.
- Twenty minutes before meal time, fill a large saucepan
with water and heat on high until boiling.
- When water begins to boil, add pasta and
stir. Continue to cook over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove roast from pan and measure out drippings for gravy. Return
drippings to pan. Combine water and cornstarch. Turn heat
to medium-high under Dutch oven and pour water and cornstarch mixture into drippings while stirring to mix. Sprinkle in salt and pepper.
- Add vegetables to gravy and continue to stir
as sauce thickens.
- When gravy reaches desired consistency,
turn heat to low.
- Drain and rinse pasta. Cover with gravy and serve with slices of roast beef.