Marinated steak and pineapple broiled in the oven and served over rice with a salad onion
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, pineapple and pineapple juice.
- Chop basil, dice onion and mince garlic. Stir into soy sauce mixture.
- Cut steak into cubes and place in a refrigerator contain with a lid. Pour sauce over meat, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
- At the end of 1 hour, heat water into a saucepan on high until boiling. Stir in rice, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until all the moisture has been absorbed (about 10 minutes).
- Drain marinade from steak into a saucepan.
- Place steak in a shallow pan. Turn oven on to broil and cook steak, pineapple, onions and garlic under the broiler.
- Stir cornstarch into marinade and heat on medium while stirring until thickened.
- Pour sauce over steak and rice and serve with salad.