Combine this easy glazed chicken and instant rice recipe with a tangy fresh green bean salad.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 40 minutes.
fresh green beans
red bell pepper
boneless skinless chicken breast
- Trim beans and place in a saucepan. Cover with water and boil on high for 4 minutes. (Begin timing when the water starts bubbling.)
- While beans cook, julienne carrot. Add carrot to beans and cook for an additional minute.
- Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Mix olive oil, orange juice and sugar together in a bowl.
- Julienne bell pepper and onion and place in the bowl. Add beans and carrot.
- Mix well and sprinkle with pepper. Place in refrigerator.
- Place olive oil in a skillet and cook chicken over medium heat until brown on both sides.
- In a saucepan, heat water on high until boiling. Add instant rice, reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes until all the water has been absorbed.
- Stir together cornstarch, broth, marmalade and lemon juice.
- Remove chicken from skillet. Stir marmalade mixture into skillet, turn heat up to medium-high and cook sauce until thick and bubbly stirring constantly.
- Return chicken to skillet, reduce heat to low and cover.
- Slice green onion.
- Place chicken on a bed of rice and spoon sauce over the top. Garnish with green onion and almonds. Serve green bean salad on the side.