Meat and potatoes with an oriental twist. Broiled pork chops flavored with soy sauce, honey and ginger served with whipped potatoes and frozen vegetables.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 40 minutes.
frozen pearl onions
- Peel potatoes, cut into cubes and place in a saucepan. Cover completely with water and turn heat on to medium-high.
- Mix together soy sauce, water, cornstarch, honey, garlic and ground ginger. Set aside.
- Place pork chops in a shallow baking dish. Turn oven on to broil and cook pork chops until one side is golden brown.
- Turn chops and brown second side. Turn off oven.
- Drizzle ginger sauce over pork chops and return to oven. Do not turn on any heat.
- Place onions and peas in a saucepan with water, margarine and pepper. Turn burner on to medium-low. Heat until warm, stirring frequently. Add more water if necessary.
- Drain potatoes and place in a bowl. Add margarine and milk and use an electric mixer to whip.
- Remove pork chops from oven and serve with potatoes and vegetables.