Hot and spicy, this barbecue steak recipe is a creole treat. Red chili peppers, healthy with capsaicin, team up with zucchini and garlic for the perfect side dish.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 40 minutes.
red pepper sauce
boneless rib steak
butter or margarine
- Slice zucchini and red chili pepper, mince garlic and wrap in foil. Place on hot BBQ grill.
- Slice onion and marinate in red pepper sauce for 15 minutes.
- While onion marinates, mix together garlic salt, pepper, paprika and turmeric
(or use Creole seasoning).
Spread in a shallow dish or pan and
press steak into the seasonings on both sides. Place steaks on the grill.
- Turn foil-wrapped vegetables.
- Spread butter or margarine on bread, wrap in foil and place on BBQ grill, near the edge.
- Using tongs, turn steaks. (Turning steaks often will seal in the juices.)
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium. Remove onion slices from red pepper sauce and dredge in flour.
Cook in oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Turn steaks again and cook until they reach everyone's favorite doneness.
Top with onions and serve with zucchini and warm bread.