A yellow cake mix becomes a cinnamon crust for a brown-sugar, walnut topping in these easy, chewy cookie bars.
Makes 16 bars
From kitchen to table in 45 minutes.
1 box (18.5 ounces) yellow cake mix (reserve 2/3 cup for topping)
1/3 cup margarine
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
4 eggs (1 for crust, 3 for topping)
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Grease a rectangular baking dish. Turn oven on to 375.
- Empty cake mix into a large mixing bowl. Remove 2/3 cup and place in a smaller mixing bowl, set aside.
- Melt margarine and add to cake mix in largest mixing bowl. Add cinnamon and one egg and beat well to blend.
- Spread batter evenly over the bottom of the rectangular baking dish. Set aside.
- Add remaining 3 eggs and brown sugar to reserved cake mix in small mixing bowl. Beat well. Blend in nuts.
- Spread topping over batter in baking dish. Place in hot oven and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool, cut into bars and enjoy.