A real treat, crispy corn dodgers with zesty chicken chili.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 30 minutes.
canned pinto beans
canned tomatoes with green chilies
cooking oil to cover the bottom of your skillet
- Drain and rinse pinto beans.
- Place in a saucepan with chicken.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, water, salsa, ketchup, lemon juice and spices.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat to lowest setting and cover.
- Cook for 20 minutes, checking occasionally and adding small amounts of water if necessary.
- 10 minutes before serving prepare corn dodgers.
- Beat sugar, egg and olive oil together in a mixing bowl with a pouring spout.
- Heap flour and cornmeal onto mixture.
Sprinkle baking powder over the top.
- With a fork, mix baking powder into flour and cornmeal and then stir everything together.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Heat oil in a skillet or griddle over
- When oil is hot pour batter onto griddle as
you would pancakes.
- When one side is brown, turn corn dodgers and brown the other side.
- Serve with chili.