Mexican sausage and black beans with peppers, onions and garlic rolled into a fried tortilla and topped with salsa and cheese.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 20 minutes.
jalapeno pepper, diced
yellow bell pepper, chopped
ground chorizo (Mexican sausage)
canned black beans, drained and rinsed
cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook garlic, onion, tomato and peppers in olive oil over medium heat until tender.
- Stir in chorizo and continue cooking over medium until browned.
- Stir in black beans, cumin, cilantro and pepper. Gently mash beans as you mix everything together.
- In a separate skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Lightly brown tortilla on both sides in hot oil. (If preparing more than one burrito, heat oil one serving at a time.)
- Spoon the meat and bean mixture into the center of the tortilla. Fold the sides
toward the center and then fold the ends under.
- Top with salsa and grated cheese and serve with side salad.