Crunchy, flavorful tacos with the health benefits of low-fat beans.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 45 minutes.
cooked black beans, unseasoned and drained
canned diced tomatoes
sun dried tomatoes
- In a saucepan, combine black beans, canned tomatoes (do not drain), salsa and cumin. Heat over medium until bubbly. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring often.
- When beans have thickened, mince garlic and sundried tomatoes and add to saucepan, stir to blend. Continue simmering on very low.
- Grate cheese and chop vegetables for toppings. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Slice sweet peppers and place in a non-stick skillet. Turn heat on to medium.
- Place taco shells on a cookie sheet and heat in oven for about 5 minutes.
- While taco shells heat and become crispy, continue cooking sweet peppers on medium heat, stirring often.
- Fill crispy taco shells with bean mixture, chopped vegetables and grated cheese. Serve with sweet peppers.