Tangy and Spicy describes this easy skillet meal made with bacon, ground beef and rice. Your family will love it!How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 45 minutes.
extra lean ground beef
green bell pepper
red wine vinegar
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp and set aside.
- Pour off most of the bacon grease leaving enough to barely cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cook ground beef in bacon drippings until no longer pink.
- While meat cooks, chop onion, green bell pepper, cucumber and tomatoes. Add to skillet along with salsa.
- Mix together water, lime juice, vinegar and sugar.
- Add rice to skillet. Pour water mixture over the top. Sprinkle with pepper and cumin.
- Cover, turn heat to low and simmer for 35 minutes without lifting lid.
- Remove cover and stir. If water still appears when stirring, recover and continue simmering. Check every 5 minutes.
- Crumble bacon on top and serve. Great with crusty Italian bread.