Canned cranberry sauce, apples, raisins and walnuts fill this healthy and delicious pie.
From kitchen to table in 1 hour and 30 minutes.
2 cups flour
2/3 cup butter
6 tablespoons cold water
1 16 ounce can cranberry sauce
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Cut cold butter into flour with a fork or pastry blender. When pebbly, add cold water. Mix until clumpy and then use hands to form a soft dough. Separate into two balls, one slightly larger than the other.
- On a floured surface roll out larger ball into a circle that is somewhat larger than your pie pan. Turn once while rolling to prevent sticking to the surface. Place in pie pan and prick sides and bottom.
- Turn oven on to 325 degrees.
- Pare and core apples, cut into slices and mix with canned cranberry sauce, sugar, raisins, and chopped nuts. Pour into pie shell.
- Roll second ball of dough on floured surface into a rectangle. Turn once to prevent sticking. Use a knife to cut 6 strips lengthwise from the dough. Place on top of pie in a lattice design. Place in oven. Bake for 1 hour or until crust is golden brown.