Apple Fritter Muffins
More pastry than muffin, you'll love these easy cinnamon and apple delights!
From kitchen to table in 40 minutes.
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup quick oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tins (makes 12) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat together olive oil, sugar and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir oatmeal into egg mixture.
- Dump flour onto egg and oatmeal mixture. Sprinkle baking soda and cinnamon evenly over the top of the flour. With a fork, blend baking powder and cinnamon into flour and continue mixing until everything is lightly blended.
- Add milk and mix into a batter.
- Peel and core apple and cut into small pieces, blend into batter.
- Pour by 1/3 cupfuls into muffin tins.
- Place in hot oven and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.