Change the Serving Size
12 ounces ham
12 ounces broccoli
1 tablespoon & 1 teaspoon margarine
1 tablespoon & 1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 dash pepper
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup corn meal
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 1/4 cups milk
From kitchen to table in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 inch square baking
pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix sugar, eggs and olive oil together.
- Pour flour and cornmeal on top of sugar and egg mixture.
Sprinkle baking powder over the top. Using a fork, mix the
baking powder into the flour and cornmeal and then continuing
to mix, blend flour into egg mixture.
- Add milk and stir well. (An electric mixer can be used.)
- Pour batter into the baking dish and place in the oven.
- When the corn bread has been baking for 20 minutes, wrap the
ham in foil and place in the oven.
- When the top of the cornbread is browned and a toothpick
comes out clean when inserted, turn off oven and prepare
- Chop broccoli and place in a small saucepan with a lid.
Add enough water to just cover the bottom of the pan. Heat
on high until boiling then reduce heat to the lowest setting
and cover. Cook until broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and drain any remaining water. Add margarine
and replace lid to allow margarine to melt.
- Remove cornbread from oven and cut into 12 pieces.
- Add lemon juice to broccoli and sprinkle with pepper.
Serve with ham and corn bread.