Make a creamy cheese sauce, pour it over fish and bake for an easy and delicious seafood dinner.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 40 minutes.
butter or margarine
shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Stir in flour, nutmeg and dry mustard. Slowly add milk stirring continuously. Heat and stir until thickened.
- Add lemon juice and cheese and continue stirring until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- Place fish fillets in a baking dish that has been lightly coated with butter or margarine. Pour cheese sauce over fish and place in hot oven.
- Bake until fish is cooked through and cheese is lightly brown (20 to 40 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish).
- Serve with salad.