Make a classic tuna casserole with fetticune noodles, mushrooms,frozen peas and a cheesy topping.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 45 minutes.
butter or margarine
tuna canned in water
shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Filll a large pot with water and heat on high to boiling for pasta.
- Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for two minutes. Add mushrooms and pepper and continue cooking until mushrooms are lightly caramelized and soft, stirring occasionally.
- While mushrooms are cooking, drain water from tuna into a small bowl. Whisk cornstarch into tuna water until smooth. Set aside.
- Stir cream cheese into skillet with mushrooms and onions until melted. Add milk and tuna water with dissolved cornstarch. Stirring, bring just to a boil and remove from heat. Mix in peas and tuna.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente, about 5 minutes. Stir into sauce to coat and then transfer to casserole dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake 20 minutes or until brown and bubbly.