Pour this meatless black bean sauce over pasta. You'll love the flavor of tart lime mingled with tomato and ranch dressing.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 30 minutes.
canned black beans
canned diced tomatoes with jalapenos
yellow bell pepper
green bell pepper
red bell pepper
ranch salad dressing
- Drain and rinse beans and place in a large saucepan. Drain diced tomatoes and add to saucepan. Turn burner on to medium heat.
- Chop peppers and add to beans.
- Continue cooking over medium heat. Heat a large saucepan of water (2/3 full) on high heat for pasta.
- In a large measuring beaker, mix together vegetable broth and cornstarch. Stir until well blended. Add ranch salad dressing, tomato sauce and lime juice.
- Stir broth mixture into beans and blend well. Continue cooking on medium heat and stir often as sauce thickens.
- When water is boiling, add pasta and cook until tender.
- Drain and rinse pasta and serve with thickened sauce.