Enjoy and easy warm supper tonight by turning canned beans and refrigerated biscuits into a savory soup with flakey cheese crisps.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 30 minutes.
canned pinto beans
canned red beans
canned black beans
canned diced tomatoes
grated mozzarella cheese
- Pour olive oil into a skillet. Dice onion and garlic and brown in oil over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a large saucepan.
- Drain and rinse canned beans and add to saucepan. Add canned tomatoes, vegetable broth salsa and lime juice. Sprinkle cumin and dried cilantro over beans and stir everything to blend. Cover and cook over medium heat.
- When beans have been cooking for 10 minutes prepare Flakey Cheese Crisps.
- Turn oven on to 400 degrees.
- Open refrigerated biscuits and place on a floured surface. Roll biscuits very thin and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with grated cheese and place in oven.
- Bake cheese crisps until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with hot soup.