Turkey meatballs baked in the oven and topped with a sweet and spicy pepper sauce served over a bed of cabbage.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 45 minutes.
green bell pepper
yellow bell pepper
non-stick cooking spray
- Crush crackers and chop onion.
- Place ground turkey, crushed crackers and chopped onion in a mixing bowl. Use a fork to press ingredients together and blend.
- Beat pepper and ginger with egg and pour over meat mixture.
- Mash egg and spices into meat and blend well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Form into meatballs, place in baking dish and cook in hot oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- When juices run clear in meatballs, make sauce.
- Chop green and yellow bell peppers.
- Combine pineapple juice, honey and spicy mustard in a beaker. Stir in cornstarch and dissolve.
- Pour into a saucepan and heat over medium, stirring constantly. When sauce has thickened, stir in green and yellow peppers.
- Place meatballs on a bed of cabbage shreds, pour sauce over the top.