A light breading of rich spices coats tender chicken breast and is served with potatoes, crisp on the outside tender on the inside.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 40 minutes.
ground cumin seed
red wine vinegar
red bell pepper
green bell pepper
- Scrub potatoes, place in a large pot, cover with water and a lid and cook over medium-high heat for 15 minutes. (Reduce heat slightly if pan begins to boil over.)
- Drain hot water from potatoes and replace with cool water. Set aside.
- In a clean plastic produce or bread bag, mix together flour, paprika, ground cumin seed and dried sage. Shake well.
- Place chicken in bag and shake to coat. Pour oil into a skillet (first amount of oil from ingredient list). Add chicken and cook over medium-low heat.
- Mix olive oil and red wine vinegar together for vegetables. Place in a second skillet. Slice potatoes and add to skillet. Turn heat on to medium and cook until one side of the potatoes is brown (about 8 minutes). Turn heat under chicken up to medium and continue cooking without turning.
- Slice peppers and onions and add to potatoes. Continue to cook another 5 minutes until second side of potatoes is lightly brown.
- After peppers and onions are added to potatoes, turn chicken and continue cooking over medium to brown second side.
- Chop tomatoes and add to potatoes. Sprinkle with pepper. Continue cooking potatoes until tomatoes are warm turning ocassionally (about 3 minutes).
- Check chicken for doneness by slicing through the thickest part. If no pink appears, the chicken is done. Serve with potatoes and fruit.