Quick and easy vegetarian meal with healthy, high-fiber black beans.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 1 hour minutes.
green bell pepper
red bell pepper
canned black beans
canned diced tomatoes with green chilies
whole kernel corn
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, cook until tender.
- Add peppers and cook another 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse black beans and add to skillet along with
undrained tomatoes, corn kernels, uncooked rice and water.
- Sprinkle oregano and cayenne pepper over top and stir to mix.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 40 minutes or until rice has absorbed all the moisture.
- Grate cheeses and sprinkle over the top. Turn heat back to medium and cook until cheese has melted.