Try this delicious skillet meal made with brown rice.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 1 hour 15 minutes.
brown rice (uncooked)
green bell pepper
canned tomatoes Mexican style
- In a saucepan, heat beef broth until boiling.
- Stir in rice, return to a boil. Reduce to lowest heat and cover tightly. Keep rice covered for the entire cooking time of 45 minutes.
- After rice has cooked for 40 minutes, brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat.
- While the ground beef is browning, dice green pepper and onions.
- Drain the ground beef and return it to the pan. Add the garlic, green pepper, and onion. Return skillet to medium heat and brown vegetables.
- Add the canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, salsa, and spices.
- Add the rice to the meat and tomato mixture. (Don't worry if all the broth has not been absorbed by the rice.)
- Continue cooking over low heat until the excess moisture has cooked off (about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.