Serve a beautiful platter of marinated fruit and vegetables lightly seared on the grill with roasted ears of corn and mediterranean garlic breadHow many servings?
From kitchen to table in 2 hours.
red bell peppers
green bell peppers
reduced sodium soy sauce
rice wine vinegar
fresh ground ginger
red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
- Place fruit and vegetable slices in a refrigerator container with a lid.
- Mix together pineapple juice, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, ground ginger, red pepper flakes and minced fresh rosemary. Pour over fruits and vegetables, seal with lid and shake to coat. Refrigerate for at least one hour. Turn often to keep marinade flowing through contents of container.
- 45 minutes before serving, husk and clean corn cobs. Wrap in foil and place on grill over low heat. Turn every 10 minutes.
- When corn has cooked for 20 minutes, prepare garlic bread. Pour olive oil into a small bowl, mince garlic and basil and add to olive oil. Spread half the mixture lightly onto one side of the bread slices. Set aside.
- Sear fruit and vegetable slices on hot grill. Toast bread, seasoned-side down while fruit and veggies sear. Spread remaining oil onto second side of bread and turn to brown second side. (Remember to continue turning corn every 10 minutes.)
- Flip fruit and vegetable slices when grill marks appear. Do not over cook.
- Serve seared fruits and vegetables with toasted bread and Roasted Corn seasoned with margarine and salt and pepper.