Easy and elegant, tender roasted salmon topped with fresh cilantro in a crunchy almond vinaigrette sauce served with penne pasta and broccoli.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 30 minutes.
white wine vinegar
grated Parmesan cheese
- Place cilantro, garlic, olive oil and white wine vinegar into a blender and puree.
- Pour into a small bowl, add Parmesan cheese and almonds and stir to mix. Refrigerate until needed.
- Heat a large saucepan of water on high for pasta.
- While waiting for water to boil, chop broccoli and place in a saucepan. Sprinkle pepper, oregano and dill weed over the top. Leave until pasta is cooking.
- Add pasta to boiling water. Stir to prevent any pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan and continue to cook over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat slightly if pan begins to boil over.
- Mix lemon juice with water and pour over broccoli. Turn burner on to medium-high and watch closely for the water to boil. When boiling begins, reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook until broccoli is tender.
- While broccoli cooks, arrange salmon on a baking sheet and spoon vinaigrette evenly over the fillet. Place in oven under hot broiler on the second rack from the top.
- When almonds begin to toast, turn the broiler off over the salmon.
- Check pasta for doneness by biting into a cooled piece. If no white strip appears when bitten, the pasta is done.
- Drain and rinse pasta and top with salmon and broccoli.