Moist and delicious dessert bars made from healthy pumpkin.
From kitchen to table in 1 hour minutes.
1 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup quick cook oatmeal
1/2 cup margarine
2 cups canned pumpkin
1 can evaporated milk (13 1/2 ounce)
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons caramel topping
- Turn oven on to 350 degrees. Combine ingredients for crust and mix until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While crust bakes, pour ingredients for filling into a large mixing bowl. Beat well.
- When the crust has finished baking for 15 minutes, remove from oven and pour filling over the top. Return to oven and continue baking at the same temperature for another 20 minutes.
- Combine ingredients for topping and mix well. When the bars have finished baking the additional 20 minutes, remove from oven and spread with topping. Return to oven and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes at the same temperature.
- Cut into bars. Delicious with whipped topping or ice cream!