Serve this spicy ground beef and rice flauta in a pita pocket instead of a tortilla for a fun twist on a favorite Mexican dish.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 20 minutes.
lean ground beef
grated cheddar cheese
- Heat water in a saucepan on high until boiling.
- Stir instant rice into boiling water, cover and reduce
heat to low.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, drain
fat and return to pan.
- Stir tomato sauce, salsa, lime juice into the skillet
- Stir rice into meat and sauce.
- Chop cilantro and add to skillet along with ground
- Dice tomato and onion and set aside.
- Cut pita bread down the center and open like a pocket.
- Stuff both halves of the pita bread with meat and rice mixture. Top with diced tomato and onion and grated cheddar cheese.