Oatmeal makes these chocolate chip cookies moist and chewy.Makes 24
From kitchen to table in 25 minutes.
1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups oatmeal (quick cooking)
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together butter, sugar, and egg.
- Dump flour over the top.
- Sprinkle baking powder evenly over the top of the flour. Using a fork, blend the baking powder into the flour. Continue mixing until a soft batter forms.
- Add oatmeal and blend until all the oatmeal is moistened and the dough sticks together.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop onto cookie sheet with a spoon in 1 inch balls.
- Place in oven and bake until lightly brown (about 10 minutes).