Asian beef, vegetables and sauce served over boil-in-bag rice.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 30 minutes.
reduced-sodium soy sauce
thinly sliced beef
reduced sodium soy sauce
red pepper flakes
boil-in bag rice (3.5 oz.)
- Chop garlic and combine with smaller amount of soy sauce. Stir in smaller amount of cornstarch.
- Cut beef into strips and fold into soy sauce and garlic mixture. Stir to coat meat with sauce. Cover and set aside.
- Thinly slice carrots and place in a bowl of cold water. Cut green onions into slices including stems and set aside.
- Fill a large saucepan 3/4 full of water and heat on high until boiling.
- While water is heating, pour oil into a wok or skillet and turn heat on to medium. Place meat strips in oil and stir fry until browned.
- Drain and reserve water from carrots. Add carrots to wok and continue cooking over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- In a bowl, combine the water drained off the carrots, the second-listed amounts of soy sauce and cornstarch, sesame seeds, sugar and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Place bagged rice into boiling water and allow to boil for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add green onions to skillet and turn heat down to medium.
- Pour sauce made from water and soy sauce into skillet. Stir and continue cooking until thickened.
- Remove rice from boiling water with tongs, drain, cut open bag and pour rice into a serving dish.
- Pour beef and sauce over rice and serve.