Lime juice makes this broiled chicken especially delicious. Enjoy crispy fried potatoes with onion and garlic and carrot spinach salad on the side.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 40 minutes.
baby spinach leaves
- Peel potatoes and cut into thin slices.
- Pour olive oil for the potato recipe into a skillet, add potatoes and cook on medium heat.
- While potatoes cook, make lime glaze for the chicken. Squeeze lime and grate a small amount of the lime peel for the zest.
Stir lime juice and zest into olive oil for the chicken recipe.
Add minced garlic, pepper and basil. Set aside.
- Place chicken breasts on a broiler pan and place under the broiler about 4 to 5 inches from the
heat. Heat about 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Mince garlic and chop onion for potatoes.
- Turn potatoes when one side is golden brown. Add garlic and onion to skillet. Turn heat to medium low.
- Spread half glaze over chicken breast. Turn and coat other side with remaining glaze.
Return to broiler and brown second side, about 10 minutes.
- Assemble salad.
- Chicken is done when the juices run clear and no pink appears in the center.
- Serve with Garlicky Skillet Spuds and Spinach, Carrot and Tomato Salad.