A Hummingbird Cake is a delicious combination of pineapple, bananas and pecans. Cream cheese glaze tops this fruity delight.
How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 1 hour 20 minutes.
1 cup olive oil
3 ripe bananas
1 eight-ounce can crushed pineapple
2 cups sugar
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chopped pecans
4 ounces cream cheese
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl.
Add oil and beat with a fork until fluffy.
- Mash bananas and stir into egg mixture.
- Drain pineapple and blend into banana and
- Mix in sugar.
- Dump flour into mixing bowl. Sprinkle
cinnamon and baking soda evenly over flour.
- With a fork, blend cinnamon and baking soda
into flour and then continue blending until all
ingredients are combined.
- Blend chopped pecans into batter.
- Pour batter into cake pan and place in hot
oven. Bake for one hour or until a
toothpick inserted into the cake comes out
- Remove cake from pan.
- With an electric mixer, whip cream cheese,
butter lemon juice and powdered sugar until
- Drizzle glaze over warm cake.