Moist and delicious, these vegan muffins made with canned pinto beans and bananas are a meal in themselves.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 20 minutes.
ground flax seed
15 oz. pinto beans
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve ground flaxseed in water and beat until fluffy. Set aside.
- Turn oven on to 350 degrees to preheat. Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drain and rinse canned pinto beans and place in a blender. Add bananas and soy milk and blend until smoooth.
- Pour contents of blender into mixing bowl with flaxseed and water. Add sugar and stir to blend.
- Dump flour and oatmeal on top and sprinkle baking soda, cinnamon and cloves evenly over dry ingredients. Using a fork, mix baking soda and spices into oatmeal and flour and continue stirring until all ingredients are blended.
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup fill muffin tins with batter. Place in hot oven.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.