Low in fat and low in sodium, this meatless meal proves that eating healthy can be a flavorful adventure.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 20 minutes.
whole grain rigatoni
red bell pepper
Italian salad dressing
Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat water in a large saucepan on high heat for pasta.
- Chop bell pepper, broccoli and onion and place in a shallow pan with a lid.
- Crush garlic and place in pan with other vegetables.
- Pour Italian salad dressing over vegetables and sprinkle lemon juice, pepper, basil and dill weed over the top. Stir to evenly mix. Cover pan and turn heat on to medium.
- When water reaches boiling, stir in pasta. Keep heat on high stirring often until pasta is cooked through (about 10 minutes). Pasta is done when a piece bitten in two no longer shows a white stripe. (Cool pasta before biting.)
- When the pasta is added to the boiling water, turn the heat under the vegetables down to medium-low.
- Drain and rinse pasta and add to pan with vegetables. Stir to coat pasta. Transfer to a serving dish and grate cheese over top.