Boneless pork cooked in sesame oil, a boxed rice pilaf, eggs and fresh pea pods are all you need to make this scrumptious, easy meal.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 45 minutes.
rice pilaf (6 ounces)
- Cut pork into cubes. Pour sesame oil into a skillet that has a lid. Turn heat on to medium, add pork and cook, uncovered, until meat is brown. Stir often.
- Add rice with seasoning packet to skillet, pour in water and stir. Heat to boiling, reduce heat to low, cover and allow to cook for 25 minutes without stirring or lifting lid.
- At the end of the cooking time for the rice, remove lid and increase heat to medium. Still do not stir!
- Beat eggs in a small bowl. Push rice over to one half of the skillet. Pour eggs into open place in skillet and stir (eggs only) until firm. Gently blend eggs into rice and pork and spread evenly in the pan (over-stirring can cause the rice to become gummy).
- Place pea pods over rice and continue cooking over medium heat for two minutes until pea pods are tender.