Crispy fried chicken, fluffy mashed potatoes with gravy and tender corn. Yummy!How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 45 minutes.
condensed cream of chicken soup
bone-in chicken pieces
canned or bottled chicken gravy
cooking oil, enough to cover chicken in the pan
- Place flour, cornstarch, garlic powder and pepper in a large plastic bag. Shake to mix well.
- In a pie pan combine soup and egg, mixing well. Dip chicken in egg mixture and then shake in flour mixture.
- Set the coated chicken aside and allow to sit until it becomes doughy.
- Peel potatoes and cut into cubes. Place in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Heat to boiling then cover and reduce to lowest heat.
- Heat water on high in a large pan for corn.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Use enough oil to cover chicken pieces.
- Test oil by dropping a piece of dough into it.
If the dough begins to fry immediately, the oil is ready.
- Fry chicken in oil for about 15 minutes each side, or until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Test potatoes with a fork. If they are soft, drain off water and put potatoes into a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Cook corn in boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- Heat gravy in a saucepan over medium heat
- Beat potatoes with electric mixer until smooth.
- Serve chicken with corn, potatoes and gravy.