Batter fried chicken strips in a delicate lemon sauce served with sesame bean sprouts.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 20 minutes.
fresh lemon juice
garlic, finely chopped
boneless, skinless chicken breast
red bell pepper
canned water chestnuts
- Stir cornstarch into lemon juice and mix until dissolved. Add chicken broth, sugar, honey, vinegar, olive oil and garlic. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer on high speed, beat egg and water until fluffy. Add cornstarch, flour, baking powder, ginger and pepper to form a batter.
- Slice chicken into strips.
- Pour lemon sauce into a saucepan and turn burner on to medium low.
- Heat oil on medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Dip chicken strips in batter and cook in hot oil until brown and no more pink appears in the center when cut (about 6 minutes).
- Stir lemon sauce.
- Place chicken strips on a baking sheet and place in oven set to 300 degrees to keep warm.
- Heat olive oil, and sesame oil in a wok on medium-high heat.
- Dice red bell pepper. Toss into wok with hot oil along with honey, bean sprouts, water chestnuts and snow peas. Cook for one minute stirring constantly.
- Stir lemon sauce again and turn off heat.
- Remove chicken strips from the oven and pour half the lemon sauce over the top. Serve with bean sprouts and vegetables topped with remaining lemon sauce and sprinkled with sesame seeds.