This Coconut Cream Pie is easy and so delicious, you'd better make two!8 Servings
From kitchen to table in 2 hours 30 minutes.
1 frozen pie shell (9 inch)
1 cup coconut
2 1/2 cups half and half
1/2 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup frozen whipped topping
- Bake pie shell according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- While oven is still hot, spread coconut on a baking sheet and toast. Watch carefully and remove after 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pour 1 cup half and half into a saucepan. Add flour and beat with a whisk until all the lumps are dissolved. Stir in remaining half and half, eggs and sugar.
- Cook over low heat stirring constantly until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in half the coconut.
- Pour into cooled pie shell. Top with the whipped topping and remaining toasted coconut. Cool in refrigerator 2 to 4 hours before serving.