A crispy oatmeal crust topped with flaked coconut and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
From kitchen to table in 30 minutes.
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup butter or margarine
3 cups uncooked oatmeal
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup flaked coconut
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a rectangular baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon, butter or margarine and eggs until creamy.
- Blend oatmeal into egg mixture.
- Dump flour on top of oatmeal and egg mixture. Sprinkle baking soda over flour. Using a fork, blend baking soda into flour. Continue mixing until all ingredients are blended.
- Add coconut and blend into dough.
- Press dough into baking dish. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Bake in hot oven until chips are melted and cookie crust is done (about 20 minutes).
- Cool and cut into bars. Great with ice cream!